Allen Hauber Scholarship Program
The AIA of Staten Island and NARI-HIC of Staten Island have teamed together to offer an opportunity to seniors in high school, who are interested in entering the Engineering, Architecture, Construction, HVAC, Plumbing or Electrical trades, a scholarship for their higher education.
The information related to the application requirements is provided below. We are encouraging all schools, trade teachers and students to get involved in this program. Scholarships of up to $2,500 will be awarded to qualified students at the Staten Island Chamber of Commerce Annual Building Awards program on December 2nd, 2016.
With the challenges that our industries face with Workforce Development, we feel more compelled than ever to provide students the opportunity to further their education in these valuable industries.
Thank you in advance for your participation. All questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Allen Hauber Scholarship Program
This Award and Scholarship Program honors the commitment, leadership and character of Allen Hauber, a valuable member of the Staten Island community, who passed away in September 2014. Allen was the General Manager of Bob Mims Heating & Air Conditioning, was the Chair of the Staten Island Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Home Show and Building Awards programs and the Executive Vice President of the Home Improvement Contractors of Staten Island. He was a mentor, and advocate for educating today’s younger generation in the construction, architecture, mechanical and trade industries.
This scholarship program was designed to provide a High School Senior that is interested in furthering their education in the architecture, engineering, construction, remodeling or mechanical industry a scholarship up to $2,500 towards their education in these fields.
Each student who applies for this scholarship should meet the following program requirements:
• Be a High School Senior intending on entering a Vocational or College Program in the Architecture, Engineering, Mechanical or Construction Field
• Provide meritorious service to the Staten Island Community
• Demonstrate marked leadership in Scholastic Achievements
• Have proven skills in the architecture, construction or remodeling field by submission of a Project demonstrating their talents and/or essay pertaining to the experience they have already had in these industries and why they want to pursue this type of career.
Candidate submission must include:
• Letter of nomination stating the candidate's contribution and service to the Community.
• Up to 2 letters supporting the nomination - Should be submitted by individuals familiar with the candidate's Scholastic achievements.
• School transcript
• A project or essay
Deadline for submissions are Monday, November 14th, 2016.
Scholarships will be awarded at the Staten Island Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Building Awards Program. This year’s event will be held on Friday December 2nd, 2016 at 11am at the Hilton Garden Inn in Staten Island.
Nominations for this award can be accepted by NARI-HIC of Staten Island or the Staten Island Chapter of AIA from October 21st through November 14th, 2016. Please contact Lana Seidman at (347) 668-5857 for any questions related to this Scholarship program or the requirements of the candidates. If you have a student that will be entering this program please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com. All entries will be picked up by hand on or about November 14th, 2016.
Thank you for participating in this worthy Scholarship Program.