Heating and Air Conditioning in Staten Island
Aside from running water and modern medicine, there is nothing that has done more to contribute to the quality of life we all enjoy than modern heating and air conditioning. It allows us to live in comfort in a way no other people have throughout history.
And that means when there is a problem with your heating or air conditioning system, you’re going to want to call a Staten Island Heating and Air Conditioning company right away to get it addressed.
Thankfully, you’ve found the Home Improvement Contractors of Staten Island, the best source for trusted, experienced Staten Island heating and air conditioning contractors. Read on to learn how to hire the best.
Common Causes of HVAC Problems
Many homeowners are not particularly handy or mechanically inclined, which means they aren’t always aware when there is a problem that needs addressing until it’s too late. When it comes to your house being too hot or cold, however, it’s going to be pretty obvious. You won’t have heat or cooling! So what’s the cause? Your Staten Island heating and air conditioning expert can provide a diagnosis, but here are some common causes:
· Refrigerant Leaks– Over time, a leak can drain the refrigerant from your A/C and put a damper on how well it performs, until it doesn’t work at all.
· Lack of Maintenance– Your heating and air conditioning equipment should be inspected annually. Skip the maintenance and you can expect problems and less efficiency.
· Electrical Failure– Often a seemingly big problem may only be a faulty electrical wire or component. Call your Staten Island HVAC company; it may be an easy fix.
· Normal Wear and Tear– The fact is, even the best made equipment will eventually wear down over time. When that time comes, repair or replacement is in order.
Today’s furnaces and air conditioners are more energy efficient than ever, so when there is a problem, you’re not just losing heat or cooling, you’re losing money. Get it repaired right away!
How To Choose the Right HVAC Contractor in Staten Island
When it comes time to hire a heating and air conditioning contractor in Staten Island, you’ll be faced with dozens of choices. How to narrow them down to one you can trust? The truth is that most contractors are good, hard-working, honest people, but if you want further peace of mind, try taking these steps:
· Get Recommendations From People You Know– There is probably no better way to find a contractor you’ll be happy with than to ask for recommendations from people you know. If your sister, work colleague, or good friend uses an HVAC contractor in Staten Island they are happy with, chances are you will too. And once the job is done, be sure to return the favor and recommend them to others!
· Read Online Reviews – Online reviews aren’t the be all and end all, but they can be helpful in getting an overall sense of what people are saying. Just remember, they are only one tool in your toolbox.
· Make A Call, Have A Conversation– This one is timeless. Just pick up the phone and call them. In most cases, you’ll know pretty quickly whether or not it’s someone you’ll want to work with.
· Check for Licenses and Insurance– a qualified heating and air conditioning contractor in Staten Island should be licensed by the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs and have a General Liability and Workers Compensation insurance policy. These qualifications are designed to protect property owners from faulty work and job-site incidents.
Keep these tips in mind and you’ll have no problem finding a contractor you can trust. When it comes to heating and air conditioning in Staten Island, do your homework and you will soon have a comfortable home or office again.
Easy Maintenance Tips to Care for Your HVAC
Keeping your furnace and air conditioning in good working order isn’t difficult. There are some basic tips you can follow below to keep a close eye on them, and if you’re ever in a jam, your favored Staten Island heating and air conditioning contractor is just a phone call away. Here are some things to keep in mind:
· Clean Your Filters– If you are not changing the air filters, you’re doing your home a disservice. They may seem insignificant, but they play a big role in ensuring your HVAC system works efficiently and effectively.
· Remove Debris– Debris can build up on your outdoor air conditioner, and the same can happen with your furnace depending on where it’s located. Check your equipment whenever you are in your yard or basement/attic – that’s all it takes.
· Have It Inspected– An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so go ahead and ensure you are having your furnace and A/C unit inspected on an annual or every other year basis. These inspections are quick, affordable, and can go a long way towards catching small problems before they become big (and expensive) problems.
A little TLC goes a long way. Take care of your home and it will take care of you. And if there is a problem? Just pick up the phone and call an HVAC company in Staten Island.
Find Your HVAC Contractor Today
The search for the right Staten Island heating and air conditioning company doesn’t have to be hard. Using the Home Improvement Contractors of Staten Island as your source for the best of the best, you’ll have your home or office feeling comfortable again in no time!