Staten Island Home Improvement Contractor
We all want to enjoy a better quality of life, and nothing impacts our quality of life more than our home. It’s where we lay our heads; where we spend the most intimate moments of our lives; and where our hearts are most comfortable. That’s why contractors specializing in home improvement in Staten Island are essential. They provide the expertise needed to transform your home to something fresh, new and modern.
Thankfully for you you’ve found the Home Improvement Contractors of Staten Island, your window to the most experienced and trustworthy Staten Island home remodeling contractors in the region. Read on to find out what they can do for you.
Common Reasons to Hire a Staten Island Home Improvement Expert
Everyone looking to do home remodeling in Staten Island has a reason why. They can differ from household to household, but here are a few common reasons why it’s time to pursue a home improvement project:
· Breathe New Life into an Old Home– One of the biggest reasons people seek out home improvements in Staten Island is to help their older home feel fresh and new. If your home is a little out of date as far as amenities or visual appeal goes, it might be time for renovations.
· Upgrade Your Kitchen – A Staten Island contractor can help renovate your kitchen to make it more functional and efficient. A modern kitchen can provide all the bells and whistles you desire.
· Fix Long-Running Problems– Sometimes the biggest reason to do home improvements is to fix bothersome, lingering issues in your home. Renovate your home and never deal with the problem again!
· Make Your Home More Welcoming – We all want people to feel welcome and comfortable in our home, and a new renovation is a great place to start.
· Finalize Your New Construction– When you have new construction underway, construction companies in Staten Island will play a vital role in seeing your project through to completion.
How to Find a Great Home Improvement Contractor
When you’re making improvements to your home, you don’t want to trust the work to just any Staten Island contractor. This is a big investment, after all, and one that will impact your quality of life every single day. That means you want to ensure you’re hiring someone you can trust, someone with experience, and someone who will give you the fantastic home renovations you deserve.
With dozens of contractors to choose from, sorting through them all can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. With these tips, you’ll find it easy to hire a Staten Island home remodeling contractor you can believe it.
· Get Recommendations From Family & Friends– The best source for contractors you can trust will always be word of mouth. Ask friends, ask family, ask co-workers. Anyone who has had home renovations done can share their experience with you, good or bad. If someone recommends their Staten Island home improvement contractor to you, put them on your short list of people to call!
· Scan Online Review Sites– Online reviews should never be the final word, but as one of several tools to determine who you should hire, they’re worth a look. Take the best and worst reviews with a grain of salt, and instead gauge what the overall tone of the comments is. Are most people saying good things? Are there any red flags that jump out at you? This will help you decide who to call.
· Call and Ask Questions– Once you have a short list of three or four contractors, pick up the phone, give them the details of your home renovation project, and be sure to ask questions. See what kind of work they’ve done in the past. Ask how they handle their work agreements. Inquire about how they see the project timeline unfolding. The more informed you are, the more peace of mind you’ll have.
· Tour the House– Before signing that final agreement, be sure to walk through your home with the contractor and discuss the project right there, on site. This will help ensure they have a clearer picture of the project ahead and spot potential trouble areas ahead of time, and will give you an opportunity to ask final questions before work begins.
· Check for Licenses and Insurance– a qualified home improvement contractor in Staten Island should be licensed by the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs and have a General Liability and Workers Compensation insurance policy. Furthermore, before starting your home improvement project, ask the contractor for Certificates of Insurance. These qualifications are designed to protect property owners from faulty work and jobsite incidents.
· Get it in Writing– Remember to get the estimate and work agreement in writing. This protects you, and just as importantly, it protects your contractor. If a contractor won’t put your agreement in writing and wants to work on a handshake basis, move on!
Things to Keep In Mind Before You Finalize Your Home Renovation Plans
When you’re ready to hire a Staten Island contractor to do your home improvements, there are a few items to consider before you sign a contract:
· Interview Several Contractors– A home renovation is a big project, so talk to several contractors to ensure you’re on the same page as the people doing the work.
· Understand Your Project Before You Get Estimates– The clearer a picture you have of the home improvement project you have in mind, the more likely your contractor will be able to bring it to life.
· In Smaller Rooms, Paint Lighter Colors– For smaller rooms in the house, go with lighter, brighter colors. This will help open up the space and make it feel roomier than it actually is.
· Open Plans Are Hot– At one time, builders tried to cram as many rooms into a house as possible. Now, construction companies in Staten Island aim for open floor plans. Open plans are not only “in,” they are here to stay for home and businesses alike.
· Be Patient – When it comes to big projects, chances are good that your contractor won’t be able to start right away. Be patient. You don’t want them to rush it, anyway!
· Check References– Ask for references from your chosen contractor and be sure to follow up on them. Professionals expect this, and good professionals will be confident you’ll hear good things.
Is an incredible home remodeling in your future? Now that you have found the Home Improvement Contractors of Staten Island, chances are good that the answer is “yes.” With the advice above, you’ll soon have a skilled, reputable Staten Island home improvement contractor on hand to help you breathe new life into your home.