Home Renovations in Staten Island
Whether your home is relatively new or it was built in the ‘40s or ‘50s, eventually it will need to be updated or renovated. Home renovations are hard to avoid.
The good news is that if you are doing home renovations in Staten Island, you have a host of options at your fingertips. With the help of the Home Improvement Contractors of Staten Island, you can tap into some of the most talented contractors and home renovation experts in the region, ensuring your home’s transformation from drab to dynamite happens smoothly and at a price you can afford.
Read on to find out what a Staten Island home renovations contractor can do for you, how to find one you can trust, and how they can help you improve your quality of life.
What Can A Home Renovation Contractor Do For You?
You know you want to make some improvements to your home, but what do home renovations reallydo for you? Perhaps more than you realize. Here are some of the benefits of renovating your home:
· Enhance Quality of Life– A completed Staten Island home renovation can have a big impact on your home comfort. A home remodel can make you happier and provide better living space. And isn’t that the goal?
· Bathroom Renovation– Few rooms in the house have a better return on investment than the bathroom, so if you’re looking to make big improvements to your home that will also boost its value, renovate the bathroom.
· Increase Home Value– Home renovations not only improve your quality of life, it can also increase the value of your home and make it more desirable. If you plan to sell that’s obviously good news, but even if you don’t, it will give you added financial security for the future.
· Kitchen Renovations– Even more than bathrooms, kitchen renovations are the best investment you can make in your home – and that big remodeling project begins with hiring a home remodeling contractor.
· Fix Lingering Problems– Sometimes home renovations aren’t about keeping up with the Joneses, they’re about bringing your home up to speed and fixing long lingering problems.
Tips on How to Choose a Home Renovation Professional for Hire
A home renovation is a big project, the sort of project that means you’ll want to hire a contractor you can trust. When you’re looking for home remodelers in Staten Island, follow the below advice to ensure you are happy with the work from start to finish. After all, you’re going to invest a lot of money into upgrading your home. Best to do it right the first time!
· Seek Out Recommendations From Friends and Family– There is no better way to find a contractor you’ll be happy with than by getting recommendations from family and friends. Ask people you know who have had renovations done. If they are happy with the work they had done, then you’ll know you’re on the right track. Nothing is more powerful than a recommendation – and be sure to refer the favor by referring the contractor to others once the work is done!
· Check Online Reviews – Skimming online reviews on major review sites can help you spot major red flags or tell you the home renovation contractor you’re researching has happy customers.
· Call Contractors and Ask Questions– After you’ve drawn up a short list of potential contractors, pick up the phone and give them a call. A conversation can tell you a lot. Be sure to ask questions. Be open and honest about the work you want to have done, and supply them with relevant details. This will help them have a better sense for the project.
· Show Them the Site in Person – When it comes to getting Staten Island home renovations done, it’s a good idea to take some time to walk through your home with your contractor before signing anything. This will help them develop a clearer idea of what needs to be done, help them spot potential trouble spots sooner rather than later, and ensure you get as accurate an estimate as possible.
· Check for Licenses and Insurance– a qualified home remodeling contractor in Staten Island should be licensed by the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs and have a General Liability and Workers Compensation insurance policy. These qualifications are designed to protect property owners from faulty work and jobsite incidents.
· Get Everything in Writing– Finally, get your work agreement in writing. This is a universal truth that is especially important when dealing with home renovations. If they refuse to give you an estimate and agreement in writing, move on to someone else!
Keep the above in mind and you’ll have no trouble hiring one of the region’s most trusted home improvement contractors.
Tips Before You Finalize Your Home Renovation
Before you sign that contract and work begins, keep a few things in mind to ensure the project is as good as it can be:
· Get An Inspection– Having an inspection done before starting work can help you spot problems before they become BIG problems.
· Be Energy Efficient– When renovating your home, look towards energy efficient improvements. They’ll save you money in the long run.
· Indulge Yourself– Go ahead and splurge on one item or improvement. You’ve earned it!
· Think Ahead– Pre-installing things like wireless extenders and wiring for smart devices could be a big help in the future.
The Bottom Line
Having a fantastic home renovation in Staten Island doesn’t have to be difficult. Just follow the advice above, remember to focus on members of the Home Improvement Contractors of Staten Island, and you’ll be well on your way towards having a home you love.