Kitchen Contractors in Staten Island
Hands down, there is no remodeling and renovation project that provides a better return on your investment than remodeling your kitchen. For many it’s the focal point of the home, the most important room in the house, and the key reason they hire a kitchen contractor in Staten Island.
One thing to remember, however, is that remodeling a kitchen is not a quick job. Whether it’s replacing your kitchen cabinets or doing complete remodel, you want to make sure you have selected the right Staten Island contractor to provide the work. If you’re looking for a Staten Island kitchen contractor, you want someone you can trust – and for that, you’ve come to the right place. The Home Improvement Contractors of Staten Island can point you to the most qualified and trusted contractors in the region.
Common Reasons to Hire a Kitchen Contractor
When you have a major renovation in mind, or even when you just want some Staten Island kitchen cabinets installed, the first thing to do is identify a contractor that you feel comfortable with. It will make your kitchen makeover go a lot smoother.
Here are some common reasons why people hire kitchen contractors in Staten Island:
· Upgrade Old Cabinets– Cabinets can make or break a kitchen, and unfortunately the years can take their toll on them. Wear and tear, use, the house settling, and just plain going out of style will mean that eventually, you’ll want them replaced.
· Complete Kitchen Remodel– A complete top to bottom kitchen remodeling project can be a huge task, from cabinets to plumbing to flooring, appliances, and much more. That’s why you want to hire a contractor you can trust!
· New Home Construction– If you’re having new home built, it’s a great time to put special focus on the kitchen. Better to do it right the first time than to have to renovate in a few years.
· General Upgrades and Renovations– Having work done in your kitchen doesn’t always mean a complete remodel. You may just want some general upgrades, such as new cabinets, new countertops, new flooring, a new breakfast nook, or other upgrades.
There could be many other reasons you need a kitchen contractor, of course, and in those cases you’ll still want to hire someone with experience and who you can trust. Read on to learn how.
Finding the Best Kitchen Contractors
As we’ve already said, a kitchen remodel can be a big job and a big investment. With your home and money at stake, you want a Staten Island kitchen contractor you can trust. A lot of money could be riding on it.
The good news is that making an informed decision is not as difficult as you imagine. Just follow this advice:
· Seek Out Recommendations– To find a contractor you can trust, begin by asking people you know for recommendations. Family members, friends, work colleagues and others are likely to have been through a kitchen renovation or know someone that has gone through one. If you know someone who is happy with their remodeled kitchen, ask them who they used!
· Check Out Reviews – Online reviews are a convenient way to get some insight into a contractor’s overall reputation.
· Have an On-Site Conversation– When you’ve found a few Staten Island kitchen contractors who seem like good candidates, have them visit your home so they can see where the work is being done and come up with a good renovation plan and estimate. Have a conversation with them. Ask questions. Listen to what they have to say. You’ll quickly discover if this is who you want to work with.
· Get An Estimate in Writing– Finally, be sure you get an estimate and be sure you get it in writing. Kitchen renovations can be major jobs with a limitless array of variables, so be sure to talk through them all with your contractor and then get a quote in writing. Good contractors will be happy to provide one!
· Check for Licenses and Insurance– a qualified kitchen remodeling contractor in Staten Island should be licensed by the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs and have a General Liability and Workers Compensation insurance policy. These qualifications are designed to protect property owners from faulty work and jobsite incidents.
With these tips in mind you’ll be in good shape and on your way to hiring one of the region’s most experienced and trustworthy contractors.
3 Ideas for a Better Kitchen Renovation
When you hire a Staten Island kitchen cabinet contractor or kitchen remodeler, you’ll be embarking on a pretty big project. Here are some tips on how to keep it all managed and under control from the start:
· Know Your Budget (And Stick To It) –Kitchens are usually the most costly room to remodel, and also the one that gives the best return on investment. Extras can add to the project costs, so establish your budget early and stick to it.
· Don’t Move The Plumbing or Gas– If you are considering moving around appliances in a way that will necessitate moving water or gas lines, you might reconsider. That’s an easy way to increase the cost of your kitchen remodeling project.
· Consider Kitchen Traffic– When you lay out your floor plan, consider the classic triangle between the fridge, stove/oven, and sink, and ensure everything is laid out in a way that is easy to navigate between them.
Hire Your Contractor!
Remodeling your kitchen will offer one of the best returns on your investment. Follow the tips and advice above and you’ll soon find yourself loving your new kitchen thanks to your Staten Island kitchen contractor.