Paving and Masonry Contractors in Staten Island
Driveways. Stonework. Patios. Hardscaping. Pool areas. Sidewalks. Pavers. Retaining walls. Porches. Foundations. There are many reasons why you may need a Staten Island paving and masonry expert. The trick is finding the right one.
Thankfully, you’ve found the Home Improvement Contractors of Staten Island. If you need a concrete contractor in Staten Island or a paving and masonry expert, you’ll find some of the best right here. Read on for tips, information, and everything else you’ll need to get connected to some experts you can trust.
Why You Need A Paving & Masonry Contractor
If you’re replacing your sidewalk or driveway, laying stone or concrete for a new patio or pool area, need a foundation installed or repaired, installing new pavers for your walkway or driveway, or have other projects involving stone work, masonry and concrete, it goes without saying that you’re going to need a Staten Island paving and masonry contractor. All these projects and more demand an expert’s care.
And a good concrete contractor in Staten Island handles more than just new construction, too. They are the people you call when there are concrete repairs to be done. Common repairs you might need a masonry contractor to handle include:
· Crumbling Steps– Damage to stone and concrete stairs looks bad and can be a safety hazard.
· Cracks in the Patio– Cracks in your patio, driveway or walkway not only look unsightly, they can be a haven for weeds that will further wear down the stone work.
· Foundation Damage– Cracking, corrosion, and other breakage can weaken a foundation and should be repaired.
· Brick Bulging– Corroded masonry or frequent exposure to water can cause brick work to weaken and bulge, leading to even worse long-term problems.
· Uneven Pavers– Over time, pavers settle and become uneven. A qualified masonry contractor on Staten Island can repair uneven pavers and restore their beautiful appearance.
Finding The Right Contractor For Your Job
When it comes time to hire a masonry contractor, one of the first realizations you’ll come to is that there are a lotof them out there. There will be dozens to choose from, and as everyone knows, not all contractors are equal. You’re going to want the best.
How can you be sure you’re hiring the right Staten Island paving and masonry contractor? Start by following these tips and you’ll stay on course:
· Ask Friends For Recommendations– Before you start looking at reviews, first ask friends and family for referrals and recommendations. Few things will point you in the right direction better than hearing about the experience of someone you trust.
· Read Reviews– Review sites are far from perfect and should always be taken with a grain of salt, but they can be helpful to get a general sense for how trusted a contractor is.
· Talk With The Contractor– The next step is an important one: make a call and ask questions of the person you’re thinking about hiring! Ask how they work, the kinds of jobs they do, and anything else that will give you peace of mind. Ask them to see current jobsites.
· Send Photos or Show Them the Work Site– To get the best work and to ensure your expectations are properly set, send detailed photos to the masonry contractor you’re considering or have them come look at the job site in person, whichever they prefer. After all, there is only so much they can do over the phone.
· Check for Licenses and Insurance– a qualified masonry contractor in Staten Island should be licensed by the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs and have a General Liability and Workers Compensation insurance policy. These qualifications are designed to protect property owners from faulty work and jobsite incidents.
· Get it in Writing– Finally, get your agreement in writing and ensure it spells out both your obligations in detail. It’s important for you both to be on the same page!
With this advice in mind, along with some help from the Home Improvement Contractors of Staten Island, you’ll be well on your way to hiring one of the best contractors the region has to offer.
Caring For Your Masonry and Concrete
So you’ve hired a Staten Island paving & masonry contractor, and they did great work. You love your new retaining wall; summer guests love your patio; your driveway looks welcoming.
Now the trick is to take good care of it so it lasts for many years to come. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
· Avoid De-Icing Chemicals and Salts– De-icing chemicals and salts might get rid of the ice, but they also wreak havoc on concrete, causing cracking and rapid deterioration. Avoid using this on concrete and masonry work!
· Rinse Before Cleaning– Before cleaning brickwork with cleaning agents, saturate it with water first, then rinse thoroughly after you’re done cleaning.
· Use Wood & Fiber Brushes– Use wood scrapers and fiber brushes to clean brickwork and masonry. Avoid metal implements, as these can cause damage to the stone work.
· Keep Plants & Vines in Check– Climbing plants and vines look nice, but they can cause cracks in the mortar and discoloration of the stone. Best to remove them with a gentle weed killer.
Remember, take care of your concrete and masonry and it will take care of you. It’s built to last!
Hire a Masonry Contractor Today
From retaining walls and foundations to patios, porches and more, a paving and masonry contractor in Staten Island is just a call away. Bring in the experts to improve your quality of life, renovate your business, enhance your home, and more. And don’t forget to tell them that the Home Improvement Contractors of Staten Island sent you!