Roofing and Siding Contractors in Staten Island
Few things have a bigger impact on how your home looks than your roofing and siding. They are essential parts of the exterior of your home, playing a major role in your home’s curb appeal and market value. The same holds true of your place of business.
It goes beyond that, too. Your roofing and siding are your home and business’s first line of defense from the elements. They are the first barrier against rain and snow, as well against birds, pests, and other invaders. In other words, your roofing and siding are important parts of your buildings structure – and that means you need a great roofing and siding contractor in Staten Island.
Read on to find out how to hire the very best Staten Island roofer in the region, as well as tips on how to maintain your home.
Common Reasons to Hire a Roofing and Siding Contractor
One of the most common upgrades people do to their homes is to upgrade their siding and roofing. That’s not the only reason someone might hire a Staten Island roofing and siding contractor, however. Here are a few reasons why you might need to hire one of the best contractors in the region:
· New Construction– Whether for home or business, when you have a new construction project in the works, you’re going to need a roofing and siding contractor in Staten Island to handle those portions of the structure.
· Addition on Your Home– When you’re building an addition, you’re going to need new roofing and siding , to either match the addition to the existing home, or to replace the roofing and siding for the entire building.
· Upgrade Your Home’s Appearance– Sometimes, you just want your home or business to look more modern and up to date. If you still have siding or roofing that is years old, it should be at the top of the list of things to upgrade in order to modernize the structure.
· Fixing Storm Damage– Mother Nature can be difficult, especially in the Staten Island area. If your home or office has suffered storm damage, chances are you’ll need the services of a Staten Island roofer and siding contractor to repair the damage.
So now you know why you need a contractor. That leads to the next question. How do you choose the right one? Read on to find out.
Finding A Great Staten Island Roofing and Siding Contractor
Replacing your roofing and siding is a big project, and a big project means you’ll need a contractor you can trust. When you’re looking for roofing and siding contractors in Staten Island, keep these tips in mind in order to find the very best:
· Get Recommendations From Friends and Family– There is no better way to find a contractor you can trust and who will do a great job than by asking family and friends for recommendations – and believe us, the contractor you hire will be thankful for the word of mouth. If you know someone who hired a siding or roofing contractor, ask them who they used and if they’re happy with the work. If they are, make a phone call!
· Scan Some Reviews – Reading some online reviews can sometimes alert you to major red flags or, more importantly, show you that the contractor you’re considering has happy customers who are pleased with the work they had done.
· Call Some Contractors– Once you’ve created a short list of potential contractors for yourself, do it the old-fashioned way: pick up the phone and talk to them! A conversation with a potential contractor can tell you a lot. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, either. A reputable contractor always prefers to have informed customers.
· Get Everything in Writing– Speaking of reputable contractors, good contractors will spell out their work agreement with you in writing. If they refuse to, don’t work with them!
· Check for Licenses and Insurance– a qualified siding and roofing contractor in Staten Island should be licensed by the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs and have a General Liability and Workers Compensation insurance policy. These qualifications are designed to protect property owners from faulty work and job-site incidents.
Keep the above in mind and you’ll have no trouble hiring one of Staten Island’s most experienced and trustworthy roofing and siding contractors.
TIPS TO KEEP YOUR SIDING AND ROOFING IN TOP SHAPE
So now you have your beautiful new siding and great new roof. How do you ensure it lasts for many years to come? These tips will keep you on track:
· Get Inspections– An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so it’s not a bad idea to have a home inspection done every few years, especially of your roof and siding.
· Watch for Mildew– Especially during the rainy season, take a stroll around your home or building and look for signs of mildew, as well as mold and moss (yes, moss can grow on your roof!). If you spot any, address it right away. These issues can be easy to clean, but if left to get out of control they can become a real problem.
· Avoid Powerwashing– A cleaning with a power washer can be a good thing under the right circumstances, but it’s something that should only be done by a professional, as doing it wrong can cause expensive damage to roofing and siding.
· Replace Missing Shingles and Siding– When the wind howls in Staten Island, it’s not unheard of for you to lose some shingles or for some of your siding to come off. Don’t let these issues go unaddressed. Contact a Staten Island roofer right away to get them addressed. If you don’t, water damage and other issues can cause expensive long-term problems.
The hunt for a great Staten Island roofing and siding contractor can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Allow the Home Improvement Contractors of Staten Island to be your source for reputable, hard-working contractors and you’ll have the peace of mind you deserve.